DOT Rule 49 CFR Part 40 Section 40.33 requires that urine collector personnel complete a qualification training as well as demonstrate proficiency in collections by completing five consecutive error-free mock collections. These mock collections must be completed within 30 days of completion of the qualification training by a qualified collector who will monitor and evaluate performance through a means that provides real-time observation and interaction. SAPAA's Collection Personnel Course satisfies the qualification training requirement, and this add-on satisfies the proficiency demonstration requirement. The mock collections will be performed via webcam, so please review all of the technical details below before purchasing.
Mock proficiency review will not be scheduled until the qualification training has been completed and the trainer sent a certificate of completion. Plan for approximately 2.5 hours to complete the mocks with the trainer.
Discounts are available for multiple people at a location. Please contact SAPAA at 1-800-672-7229 or email@example.com for more details.
Tips for Success
- Schedule dedicated time for the mock collections to limit distractions.
- Setup webcam in an area with minimal disruptions and foot traffic. For example, avoid break rooms, labs, reception areas, etc.
- Mocks that do not begin on time because of the trainee's failure to prepare or appear are subject to an additional $50/hour fee.
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours before the scheduled meeting will be charged a $100 rescheduling fee.
Required Supplies & Materials
- Printed materials from trainer
- 6 Federal Chain of Custody Forms*
- 5 Split Specimen Cups*
- Water for simulated collection
If you're unable to obtain the CCF's and specimen cups, you may opt to have the trainer send you these supplies for an additional fee of $25.00. Fee will be billed to credit card separately.
- Must have a computer, laptop, or tablet (not a phone) with a webcam, speakers, and a microphone.
- Must have stable internet connection.
- Must have capability to use streaming program such as Skype, Zoom, or GoToMeeting.
- Must print materials emailed by the trainer.