The DER courses are comprehensive and modal specific to prepare the DER to perform his or her duties properly as required by the Department of Transportation. The FTA DER course includes all pertinent regulations along with its own appendix of special forms prepared by course developer Tommy Eden, a management labor and employment law attorney. Benefit from in-depth, easy to understand study of federal regulations for drug and alcohol testing, all from the perspective of the DER!
At the end of the course, the DER will:
- Fully understand the role of the FTA DER in the drug testing process.
- Spot issues that arise during drug testing and what action is required of the FTA DER.
- Learn about the FTA DER’s interplay with C/TPAs, collectors, MROs, EAPs, laboratory personnel, and SAPs.
- Understand compliance with FTA post-accident, reasonable cause, and reasonable suspicion federal drug and alcohol testing regulations with fillable checklist.
- Better define his or her role in assuring DOT FTA and company policy compliance.
- Provide services meeting standards of professionalism, accountability, and ethical behavior in a manner that reduces the risk of litigation and/or FTA regulatory fines and sanctions.
Course is comprised of a comprehensive PDF workbook that is downloaded immediately after purchase. Learner will then complete multiple choice exam worksheets as they review the regulatory materials, and transfer the correct answer to an online self-assessment to complete the course and become certified. The workbook will be a valuable DER resource even after the course is completed!
For technical information on SAPAA's Training Institute online courses, please click here.