The DER courses are comprehensive and modal specific to prepare the DER to perform his or her duties properly as required by the Department of Transportation. The USCG DER course includes all pertinent regulations along with its own appendix of special forms prepared by course developer Tommy Eden, a management labor and employment law attorney. Benefit from in-depth, easy to understand study of federal regulations for drug and alcohol testing, all from the perspective of the DER! This course is also available paired with other modes.
At the end of the course, the DER will:
- Fully understand the role of the USCG DER in the drug testing process.
- Spot issues that arise during drug testing and what action is required of the USCG DER.
- Learn about the USCG DER’s interplay with C/TPAs, collectors, MROs, EAPs, laboratory personnel, and SAPs.
- Understand compliance with USCG post-accident, reasonable cause, and reasonable suspicion federal drug and alcohol testing regulations with fillable checklist.
- Better define his or her role in assuring DOT USCG and company policy compliance.
- Provide services meeting standards of professionalism, accountability, and ethical behavior in a manner that reduces the risk of litigation and/or USCG regulatory fines and sanctions.
Course is comprised of a comprehensive searchable PDF workbook that is downloaded immediately after purchase. Learner will then complete multiple choice exam worksheets as they review the regulatory materials, and transfer the correct answer to an online self-assessment to complete the course and become certified. The workbook will be a valuable DER resource even after the course is completed!
For technical information on SAPAA's Training Institute online courses, please click here.