The SAPAA Training Institute now has available an FRA DER self-paced training course that is in compliance with the Maintenance of Way expansion of 49 CRF Part 219, effective June 12, 2017.
SAPAA’s DER courses are comprehensive and modal specific to prepare the DER to perform his or her duties properly as required by the Department of Transportation. The FRA DER course includes all pertinent regulations along with its own comprehensive appendix of special fillable forms prepared by course developer Tommy Eden, a management labor and employment law attorney. Benefit from in-depth, easy to understand study of federal regulations 49 CFR Parts 40 & 219 for drug and alcohol testing, all from the perspective of the DER! This course is also available with the FMCSA DER course, which has been updated to include the recently established Clearinghouse.
Course requires approximately 8 hours of self-study, and will allow the DER to become certified through the SAPAA Training Institute—the industry gold standard. At the end of the course, the DER will:
- Fully understand the role of the FRA DER in the drug testing process.
- Spot issues that arise during drug testing and what action is required of the FRA DER.
- Learn about the FRA DER’s interplay with C/TPAs, collectors, MROs, EAPs, laboratory personnel, and SAPs.
- Understand compliance with FRA post-accident, reasonable cause, and reasonable suspicion federal drug and alcohol testing regulations with fillable checklist.
- Better define his/her role in assuring DOT FRA and company policy compliance.
- Provide services meeting standards of professionalism, accountability, and ethical behavior in a manner that reduces the risk of litigation and/or FRA regulatory fines and sanctions.
Course is comprised of a comprehensive searchable PDF workbook that is downloaded immediately after purchase. Learner will then complete multiple choice exam worksheets as they review the regulatory materials, and transfer the correct answer to an online self-assessment tool to complete the course and become certified. The workbook will be a valuable DER resource even after the course is completed!