The SAPAA Training Institute now has available an FMCSA/FTA DER self-paced training course that is in compliance with the recently established FMCSA Clearinghouse.
SAPAA’s DER courses are comprehensive and modal specific to prepare the DER to perform his or her duties properly as required by the Department of Transportation. The FMCSA/FTA DER course includes all pertinent regulations along with its own comprehensive appendix of special fillable forms prepared by course developer Tommy Eden, a management labor and employment law attorney. Benefit from in-depth, easy to understand study of federal regulations for drug and alcohol testing, all from the perspective of the DER!
Completion of this course will allow the DER to become certified through the SAPAA Training Institute—the industry gold standard. At the end of the course, the DER will:
- Fully understand the role of the FMCSA or FTA DER in the drug testing process.
- Spot issues that arise during drug testing and what action is required of the FMCSA or FTA DER.
- Learn about the FMCSA or FTA DER’s interplay with C/TPAs, collectors, MROs, EAPs, laboratory personnel, and SAPs.
- Understand compliance with FMCSA or FTA post-accident, reasonable cause, and reasonable suspicion federal drug and alcohol testing regulations with fillable checklist.
- Better define his/her role in assuring DOT FMCSA or FTA and company policy compliance.
- Provide services meeting standards of professionalism, accountability, and ethical behavior in a manner that reduces the risk of litigation and/or FMCSA or FTA regulatory fines and sanctions.
Course is comprised of a comprehensive searchable PDF workbook that is downloaded immediately after purchase. Learner will then complete multiple choice exam worksheets as they review the regulatory materials, and transfer the correct answer to an online self-assessment tool to complete the course and become certified. The workbook will be a valuable DER resource even after the course is completed!